Topic

Info on [Katabatic Onni] Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Info on [Katabatic Onni] Backpack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom Osborne
    Spectator

@insptgo

I’m just about ready to order the Katabatic Onni Liteskin 50L Pack.Would like to have info if anyone has experience with this Pack. Thank you.

[thread title and minor edits – MK]

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Check the second page of this thread.

joi sharp
    Spectator

@joima

Locale: SW Colorado

I have the 60 L in the Liteskin. I needed a larger volume for upcoming longer trips I have planned. I used it last summer for about 6 trips. I like the pack- especially the fabric and the huge easily accessible side pockets. The magnetic closure on the top is nice too- it kind of closes lightly automatically when you walk away. It also stands up by itself. The ventilation is nice too.

The only bummer is that I ordered a size medium, and I need a small. So after a while the pack was slipping down on me.

Wanna buy a larger volume pack for a reduced price? I was going to post it soon.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

Great pack, I definitely recommend it.  Very light for its carrying capacity/weight.  I love the LiteSkin material, too.  Is there anything specific you want to know?

Aaron D
    Spectator

@ardavis324-2-2-2

I’d like to know how well it does with abrasion (sliding against granite, for example).    Does it lose its waterproofness?

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

I’m really liking my Onni 65L in Liteskin. Be sure to bend the stay to fit your back as it can significantly impact comfort and carry – might take a few hikes to get it right.

In my view, the Liteskin is a good pack fabric for hikers who primarily stick to trails but occasionally do some off trail hiking. If you plan on dragging your pack across granite, then I’d go with V40 pack fabric.

Chelsea M
    BPL Member

@chelsea

@joima Hi Joi!  If you still have the pack, I am interested! :)

Thanks!

-Chelsea

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I’d like to know how well it does with abrasion (sliding against granite, for example).    Does it lose its waterproofness?

It will eventually, I haven’t had mine long enough to wear it out and I don’t plan on babying it. One of the testers treated his roughly and found no wear https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/8dku2b/liteskin_katabatic_gear_packs_available/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools