Topic

Inflatable/Ultralight PFD's or Vests

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Inflatable/Ultralight PFD's or Vests

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I’m doing a still water, drysuit swim and wasn’t going to use any type of PFD but then started thinking a bit about it…hmmmm…looking around and wondering if there is anything lighter than this (2 oz.) out there?

https://www.xero-gear.com

Also open to your recommendations. Looking for lightest weight and smallest package (like everyone else). I’m looking for outside the box alternatives.

Thanks everyone – Steve

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Our packs always float. We often use them.

Cheers

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I think you just saved me some money :) I will have my ULA Epic with me, so why not use that!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Helps to have a large light plastic bag inside the pack for maximum security. We have once or twice carefully repacked all the ‘dry’ gear inside the pack on the river bank. Then we bobbed along.

Cheers

Doug G
    BPL Member

@dekartes

For the Marine Corp swim training you just stuff all your things inside a garbage bag inside your pack.  The buoyancy is amazing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools