Topic

Ice Age Trail section suggestions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Ice Age Trail section suggestions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anthony A
    Spectator

@halfred-galpsi

Locale: Middle West Earth

I was planning a more local backpacking trip with a friend, but he bailed so I am considering doing a section of the Ice Age Trail. The online maps are not very helpful, unless you purchase them (or so it seems). I am considering a 5 day ~70 hike. Not being familiar with the trail, I am hoping for some suggestions and insights. I am also open to suggestions for other long distance Midwest trails…

Anthony A
    Spectator

@halfred-galpsi

I just noticed that they do not allow camping around the trail south of Langlade county… Annoying. I would also be interested in hearing opinions on the Ozark Highland Trail…

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

I don’t know if this is any help but Nimble Will Nomad has an extensive hiking blog of the trails he has done with journals, videos, photos and gear lists for each one

ODYSSEY 2012: ICE AGE NATIONAL SCENIC TRAIL (IANST) .

. ODYSSEY 2009: NORTH COUNTRY NATIONAL SCENIC TRAIL (NCNST) .

plus a lot more

Anthony A
    Spectator

@halfred-galpsi

Appreciate the response and the resources!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools