Topic

Hundred Mile Wilderness & Katahdin

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Hundred Mile Wilderness & Katahdin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    seth mcalister
    BPL Member

@sethmcalister

Locale: New England

Hey Guys,

Got a 120-mile trip planned 9/10-9/19 from Monson to Katahdin.  Had my BPW down to under 5 lbs. but decided to add some luxury items.  Here’s what I have if you’d all take a look, see if there’s anything I’m missing or could change up a little bit.

https://lighterpack.com/r/9wgyu6

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

Looks good to me. Taking any TP? I don’t think it’d be worth the comfort lost to ditch any items.

seth mcalister
    BPL Member

@sethmcalister

No TP for me, been a non-TP convert for a couple years now.

jimmyjam
    BPL Member

@jimmyjam

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I don’t think you have nearly enough food unless you’re planning on a buying some food at White House Landing or doing a food drop at Jo Mary Road. 5 lbs of food, I’d eat that in 2.5 days. Yeah the HMW is relatively flat but the longer miles I do the more I eat and I need close to 2 lbs per day..

seth mcalister
    BPL Member

@sethmcalister

Yah, you’re right. I have a food drop planned at Jo Mary Rd.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

No pad for your legs?  A rainy, cool day & night would mean a wet pack under your legs (& inside your hammock) – although I guess if you don’t move around at all while sleeping, the pad from your CDT will work.

Great list!

seth mcalister
    BPL Member

@sethmcalister

Depending on the weather, all I’ll need is the back pad from my CDT.  If the weather remains about 55* at night, I may not even need that.

Kodiak Firesmith
    Spectator

@kodiak

Am I missing something or is there no fuel, anything to cook or rehydrate in?

seth mcalister
    BPL Member

@sethmcalister

No, you didn’t miss anything. There was no fuel, cook pot or container to rehydrate in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools