Topic

How to print or view old TOPO! map

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) How to print or view old TOPO! map

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marc mosko
    BPL Member

@mmosko

I used to use the Natgeo TOPO! software on a Mac.  I have an old map saved in the .tpo format.  How can I view or print this nowadays?  TOPO! will no longer run on my current Mac OS.  Or if I could even get the approximate GPS coordinates out of it, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Marc

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

You could try this.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Topo! runs just fine on my Mac under MacOS 10.13.6. Perhaps you have a shortcut with a broken link to the TOPO!.app file. Or re-install the app from the original CD.

Have you tried CalTopo? The maps are much more up to date.

marc mosko
    BPL Member

@mmosko

I seem to have the 32-bit version of TOPO! from 2011 installed.  I guess I never updated it to a 64-bit app and it will not run on 10.15.5.

I will try GPSBabel — that looks like it might work!

Thanks,

Marc

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I have a PC version of TOPO! that still runs.  Depending on what state your trip is in (I only have the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast states) I might be able to print it for you if you can’t find another solution.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Do the old Topo maps have something Caltopo scanned layer does not?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools