Topic

How to hang a headlamp in tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion How to hang a headlamp in tarp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jason Johnson
    BPL Member

@etex9799

Anyone know of a way to hang a headlamp from the inside of the tarp roof so me and my partner wont  blind each other while wearing them?

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

All of my headlamps have a low lumen red lights – It can be on without blinding you or killing your night vision.  I sleep in a hammock and just loop my headlamp strap over the tarp line and pull it through itself and it points downward.  Would that work for you?

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

wrap it around your pee bottle?

Sorry Kevin the bidet thread has me in a silly mood ;) And you can tell some funny stories :) Bet you’re fun on the trail!

Jason try a photon microlite with the clip. Great for inside the shelter. The green version is also a nice stealthy zero dark 30 light for after dark nature calls.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

So I assume your shelter does not have a loop in the peak? Just sew one on, or if it’s cuben just do one of the stick-on patches with a loop sewn on (bonus- get the one with the mitten hook). I have a Nitecore NU25 that I put a shock cord headband on and it has a superb red light and a white flood ‘auxiliary’ light. We hung it from the peak as the tent light on our elk hunt using either the red or white lights depending on what we wanted. Terrific 1 oz rechargeable light.

Zpacks patches

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

Those Z-Packs stick on patches work great with dcf; never had one peel, and making them available is practically a public service by Z-Packs imho.

Jason Johnson
    BPL Member

@etex9799

Total score. Im going to run a line, get a zpacks patch AND get a lowlight headlamp.  Just started tarping.  Thank yall for saving me hours of screen time researching!

jj

Matt
    BPL Member

@mhr

Locale: San Juan Mtns.

Have you seen the tiny, white stuff sacks people put around the pinch lights?  Creates a nice soft, diffused light.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools