Topic

How to fix sleeping bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) How to fix sleeping bag

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan E
    Spectator

@thecombatnurse

So tonight i was unzipping my western mountaineering terralite and it got snagged in the zipper, causing a tine rip in the material.   What is the best way to fix it?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I had a seam collapse in Spain once. The stitching was too close to the edge. Down started leaking.

I carry some narrow 20 mm) strips of UL uncoated fabric with 3M9485 transfer tape on one side – a bit like adhesive tape with a release liner. It’s my ‘repair tape’. The 3M tape is very good.

I pulled the seam together and ran a strip of my repair tape along the damaged bit to hold the seam together, with the intention of resewing it when I got home. That must be something like 8 years ago (or more). I have never bothered to resew the seam.

Cheers

Dan E
    Spectator

@thecombatnurse

I ended up ordering tenacious tape, ive never used it before…hope it works

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Suffered the same type of damage for the same reason on my WM Megalight 5 years ago.  Repaired it in the field with tenacious tape and it still looks perfect even after a wash/dry.

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

Tenacious Tape should be fine, but there are also patch kits that use a separate adhesive. Also, maybe not recommended, but I have used Seam Grip to seal tiny holes, and it has lasted for many years, just use it very sparingly and try to move all the down out of the way before applying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools