Topic

How many uses have you found for 1/8in Evazote foam pads?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) How many uses have you found for 1/8in Evazote foam pads?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Johan
    BPL Member

@johan-river

Locale: Cascadia

I have two, 40 inch sections of 20 inch wide 1/8in Evazote. Here are some uses I have found so far:

1. Bushwhacking shin guards! Fold them and stuff up in some pants held into place with my socks or UL gaiters. Just enough shin guard to prevent skin loss on some pretty nasty hits. I did some epic-hellish earth whacking and this system helped keep my legs from taking damage when postholing through massive piles of wooden skin peelers. Perfect day for trail runners. :)

2. Shelter condensation barriers. Since the R value is good enough, they don’t get condensation on them easily compared to a single wall fabric with cold rain coming down outside. This allows the use of a shorter shelter for taller folks, and when the sleeping bag compresses against the foam, it is compensated by the pads insulating power. I use my two pads for the head and foot ends of my Altaplex. Water from above drips outside of the bathtub behind the pads.

3. Midnight pee run umbrella for the rain. Grab one off the shelter wall and hold it over head to make a quick dash. Nice not having to put on a jacket for short duration.

4. Backpack support for keeping pack vertical when placed on flat ground. Having them rolled up on the back/bottom creates a great point of stability. Keeps shoulder straps and back mesh panel from falling into dirt.

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

I’ve done the backpack stand method, but with 1/4 and 1/2. I always just fold 1/8 into a square and place at the bottom of my pack right underneath my down bag

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!