Topic

Houdini

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Holly Miller
    Spectator

@holly_miller

Locale: SF - Bay Area

I recently lost my Patagonia Houdini – of course it was the nice breathable one that they had made a few years back. Any word on how breathable the new ones are? Also, wondering if anyone has tried out the Rab windveil. Any good?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

If you are OK with a hood less pullover windshirt the Patagonia Airshead seems like a real winner.

If you need a hood and/or full zip perhaps look at the Arcteyx Squamish.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Or get yourself a “Faux-dini” — there’s a whole thread on these, and there’s usually a fairly up-to-date source in the latest posts.

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

My wife and I switched to the Arc’Teryx Squamish hoody and it is the bomb!  Superior in every way other than weight.  For the extra weight you get stretch and better durability.  She noticed the breathability on her first use.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yup, the Squamish is the best current replacement. There is an ArcTeryx outlet store north of Seattle and the Squamish begged and pleaded to go home with me. Somehow, I managed to resist :)

Holly Miller
    Spectator

@holly_miller

Locale: SF - Bay Area

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated =)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools