Topic

HMG Sleeping Bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) HMG Sleeping Bag?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

Hyperlite hinted about a sleeping bag they have coming out. Looks like a down centerzip. Does anyone have any information on it yet? I’m excited to see more about them.

Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

FYI, this is what I’m referencing:

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Keen eye. I haven’t seen any info on it. Sleeping bags are pretty commoditized (e.g. the high end ones are all pretty similar with light fabrics and high fill down) so I wouldn’t expect anything too exciting. My guess is they are entering this market because it’s profitable moreso than because they’ve got something revolutionary going on, but maybe they have some new ideas.

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

“..liked by Durston Gear and 2,787 others”

9/11

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

HMG has sent prototypes to test out on the long trails.  While thru-hiking in 2019, I met a young hiker who had done some work for them, all decked out in the latest HMG gear (both retail and prototype).

Maybe search hiking blogs and Instagram to see if another hiker encounters someone using a prototype (looks like they’ll make an announcement soon .. so chances are it’s already been field tested).

Note: I just have a stuff sack and shoulder pocket of theirs, so not promoting or anything.

nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

Look at the waves in the zipper and the uneven tension on the fabric next to it. Appears to be have been sewn with little attention to details. Maybe they are prototyping with unskilled domestic hands, before going… overseas?

Christopher S
    Spectator

@chrisisinclair

Or it could be a stretch system like Montbell uses?

Eric Blanche
    BPL Member

@eblanche

Locale: Northeast US

LOL @ nunatak!

Good observations…but I kinda agree doesn’t look like too much innovation there. Could be wrong though!

Maybe someone should offer karo step top quilts using ultralight 7 denier fabrics and high fp down…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools