Topic

HMG Closet Closeout

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals HMG Closet Closeout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

They have some pretty good discounts on several things…

https://www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/collections/gear-closet-closeout

…but what bothers me is that everything I was thinking about getting is “deemed worthy to help you fulfill your next adventure, but it’s sold as-is, it’s non-returnable, and it does not include our warranty.”

Bummer. Does it seem like they’re flogging off their misfits and ought to be more up-front about it?

Is it just me, or is $285 too much to pay for a pack with a “stitch out of place, a sample run in a different fabric, or a little extra seam-sealing tape…” and no warranty?!?

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It’s easy enough to not buy it.

John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

I agree Richard.

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Yes, it;’s wicked easy not to buy it. I’m just surprised and disappointed that such a great company as HMG would DECIDE to put their name on a product and take your money for it, but not stand behind it. It just seems out of character. Rei or LLBean, it wouldn’t surprise me. HMG, it does.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I don’t see the problem.

This is an example :

“This item’s unique character may have resulted from minor blips in the manufacturing process–a stitch out of place, a sample run in different fabric, or a little extra seam sealing tape. It’s been inspected and deemed worthy to help you fulfill your next adventure, but it’s sold as-is, it’s non-returnable, and it does not include our warranty.”

it can’t be clearer than that. Obviously it would be too costly to detail exactly what the problem is with each item so if one does not like the conditions , leave those items to someone that does.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Looks like some good deals. You can bet that with HMG’s reputation for quality,there would be little chance of anything being unacceptable. I get HMG’s no return policy, it is a CLOSEOUT by the way.

Ralph Burgess
    BPL Member

@ralphbge

it can’t be clearer than that.

It could be a whole lot clearer than that.   If you sell something “as is”, I think you really need to specify what “is” is.   Unless I’m missing something, I only see a general description of the kinds of issues, but there’s a vast difference between a minor stitching flaw and a sample made in a completely different fabric.   I’m pretty sure in prior years there were descriptions of the issues with each specific item.   Or maybe I phoned them to find out, I can’t remember.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I bought an HMG Ultamid 4 on closeout several years ago for $550 and it said it had a stray needle hole in the vent that they had to patch with cuben repair tape.  I looked for the hole or the repair, and I never could find it.  It was good as new in my book.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools