Topic

Hip Belt Pockets for Seek Outside Packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hip Belt Pockets for Seek Outside Packs

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

I had some arrive today. Well built. Weight in at 2.5oz each.

Rodney Ackerman
    BPL Member

@uncleair

Locale: Great Lakes

Went for a two day hike and here is what I think.

The SO pocket is larger and holds more stuff, but I could not close the zipper with one hand, which is a real detriment and is real frustrating. I could only get it about 2/3 to 3/4 closed with a single hand. The zipper size is overkill, being way to large for a pocket. I have it attached at the two farthest opposite places so that it is not loose and yet still is not an easy close.  Also noticed that my hands/arm would brush against it, though not much. Likely because of its thickness.

The Zimmerbuilt worked very well. Easy one handed operation. I was in and out of it all the time to pull the compact camera out. Also think it would handle rain better as it has sort of a top with the zipper being a bit lower down the side. No hand/arm swing brush noticed at all. Though smaller, I found it a better suited add on to the belt.

There you have it from my perspective.

Happy Trails.

Rodney Ackerman
    BPL Member

@uncleair

Locale: Great Lakes

Forgot the pics

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

The Seek Outside pockets are big, which may be good for some people, but not for others.  This pic is from their website and shows it holding two 12oz beverages.

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

I thought I would revive this thread to see if others have tried the SO belt pouch and what their experience with it has been. When viewing the SO and ZB pouches side-by-side in the picture above, I would prefer the larger size.

Having said that, I am a bit concerned about whether my hand/arm will brush against it.

Nathan Coleman
    BPL Member

@rockchucker30

Specifically to the hand/arm brushing… mine doesn’t brush any more than it does on ZB pockets on our belt.  You get used to it.

I like our pockets better because I can fish stuff out of them easier, plus it’s a more dialed fit.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I didn’t think that I would like the Seek Outside pockets, but I tried them and ended up loving them.  They are roomy, but not too big (I thought they would be) and are easy to open and close with one hand.  I was using a pair of rigged up Zimmerbuilt pockets before and these fit the pack so much better.

The only downside is weight, as they are 2.2oz each?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools