Topic

Hilleberg Niak or Unna.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hilleberg Niak or Unna.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    V R
    BPL Member

@norway_viking

Hello all.

Well, I got started with tents these summer, after advice here I did get myself a Keron 3, a great tent.

We, the family and also on solou trips, have used it a lot. So far 25-30 nights and loving it.

But, it is a bit heavy and large for one man use. So, Now I am looking for another tent.

The use will be: Spring, summer and fall. Alone and maybe now and then with my 4 year old kid.

Temperatures can come down to around -5C in the fall, but when it gets cold in the fall, we will use the Keron. Also the Keron will be the one we use after the snow comes, not sure how strong the Niak is when it starts to snow. So, I have narrowed it down to the Niak and or the Unna.

They do offer room for one adult and a child. A lot lighter than the Keron to.

Yes, I know the Nallo 2 is about the same weight as the Unna, but the sloping wall is making me feel a bit cramped in it.

All help is welcome.

Thanks for helping and thanks for a great forum.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

I’d say you’d be fine with the Niak with a snow load in shoulder month conditions. I went through the same debate and ended up with the Niak bears in mind I’d take a different tent if there were snow in the forecast.

the only think that would be missing in moderate snow would be venting and you may get some blowing under the sides, but certainly manageable if you were caught out by a moderate fall.

V R
    BPL Member

@norway_viking

Thanks for the reply and information.

Yes, the ventilation on the Niak was on my mind, if there where snow, but as you I, we, will not take it if there is snow on the forecast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools