Topic

Hiking with dog

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Looks like a Border Collie ? Aussie? Either way they are such wonderful dogs.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

beautiful pup! :)

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

What a beautiful set of dogs! Reminds me of the painted rock paperweight on a friends desk:

“Lord, please help me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am”

My 2, both rescues:

Prince Archie, the big guy on top @ 13 lbs, and Herman aka the Herminator at @ 8 lbs on the bottom. We just got the results of Herman’s gene tests and turns out he’s half Chihuahua, 12.5% Shih Tzu, and 37.5 % who knows but his nickname is WildThing and he is crazy! He showed up at the end of the driveway this July with no collar and looking pretty frazzled and distraught; evidently dumped at the bayside beach of the state park down the street . We fostered him and were not disappointed when no one claimed him from the local ASPCA but he’s not too good on the recall just yet. Still really young and thinks the world is his oyster! Both of them love to hike and the big guy Prince Archie has now got a solid recall and will do some backpacking soon. He already goes on car-camping and hiking but not backpacking trips. Herman OTOH would probably try to attack a bear or a coyote. Need to wait for him to calm down a little. But he is so sweet with people.

Amin a solid recall is really important. Be sure you’ve got that down.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools