Topic

Hiking the Lost Coast, of California

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Hiking the Lost Coast, of California

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Renee M
    BPL Member

@rikkicn

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping I can get some help. I’ve been told there is a way to hike the middle part of the Lost Coast without hiking on the sandy beach. Too much work for me, at 70 years old.

Does anyone know about this or where to to go, trail names etc.

thanks,

Renee

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

Google maps of the Lost Coast. There are interactive maps online for the King Range and Sinkyone sections. There are trails uphill of the beach, but all in the trees with some views out to sea.

Not sure what you mean by the middle part – Shelter Cove, a small town, is between the BLM and state park sections. You end up walking on roads over to pick up the trail again.

Wonderland Guides has a website that helps you plan a Lost Coast trip, and even tho most of it is dedicated to hiking the beach there are other resources mentioned in the guide like shuttle drivers and where to pick up/drop off bear cans.

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools