Topic

Hiking Partner(s) for Some 2019 Backpacking Trips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hiking Partner(s) for Some 2019 Backpacking Trips

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    BPL Member

@chris12

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a member of this site for approximately a year now, but am still relatively new to backpacking. Last year during a two month US road trip, I discovered just how amazing hiking on the US West Coast is (I’m from one of the flattest areas of Canada). I’m fortunate enough to get a fair amount of vacation at work and am hoping to do a few 1-2 week hiking trips over the course of March through November 2019.

I’m open to hiking pretty much anywhere that the weather is at least somewhat reasonable and the crowds aren’t crazy. Since I’m still in the early phase of my hiking career, I was hoping to connect with some fellow hikers for some of these trips. I’m pretty comfortable regularly hiking at least 15 miles per day, but am able to do more, and will not be disappointed doing less. If anyone’s interested, feel free to get in touch. All the best!

Chris

Jerry C
    Spectator

@jcram

Chris… If you’re interested in exploring the mountains and streams of the southeastern part of our country let me hear from you… You can read my entry on this site under “LOOKING FOR A HIKING PAL IN NC”…I am not so much into hiking 15 miles a day with a full pack anymore. I generally hike in a few miles with all my gear, set up camp, eat well, have a cocktail or two before dinner, a few great evenings around the campfire and then head out each of the next two or three days days hiking (exploring) mostly old abandoned trails in the area….or maybe do a little trout fishing.  Those little guys are quite tasty dusted with flour and fried in butter with some slivered almonds…Anyhow, let me know if this is something you might enjoy. Jerry Cram [email protected]

Cary c
    BPL Member

@c240245

HI Chris,

My name is Cary I am recently divorced 54 yr old guy from Ohio. I have been on about 5 backpacking  trips.

I have a 2 br condo at Jackson hole near Grand Teton and Yellowstone Np 6/22 to 6/29 and I am open the week after also. I have 1 backcountry reservation but I have been told its not likely I will be able to complete whole route due to snow. I am going to submit some requests for Yellowstone. The Wind River area is 3hrs away also. If you would like to chat about joining me met me know. Cary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools