Topic

Hiking partner for MA/NH weekends

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hiking partner for MA/NH weekends

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Laurence Daniels
    BPL Member

@gnr

Locale: Boston

Hi BPL,

I’m looking for hiking partners or a small group for hiking/backpacking in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, or other places I suppose.

I’m 47, married and the father of 2 boys and we live in Wrentham, MA.  I’m an avid hiker, mountain biker and have recently gotten into bikepacking.  I’m a very experienced, yet still technically amateur, bike mechanic and woodworker.

I’ve done several solo overnight trips over the years, but I’m feeling more responsible/vulnerable in my middle age, and it feels better to me to have folks to go with on overnight adventures.  I’ve done tons of day hiking, 46 of the 48 4000 footers in NH, sections of long trails and many White Mountain trails.

I’m looking for a couple of folks looking to do a MA Midstate thruhike, the Monadnock-Sunapee thru as well, White Mountain trips and perhaps others.  I’ve gotten my pack weight down fairly effectively, but I’m not as spartan as I used to be.

I’m also pretty slow at replying here, but hit me up if you’d like to talk and perhaps hike some.

Laurence

Kodiak Firesmith
    Spectator

@kodiak

This post is almost 2 years old but I’m a relatively new transplant to the area in Cape Cod.  I’m also looking for folks to hike/backpack with, especially in the Berkshires and the Whites.

Shoot me a message if you are interested in meeting or carpooling to either of those places any time this year.  I still have a couple county high points to knock off for MA out in the direction of the Berkshires, and intend to start chipping away at the NH48 this year as well.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

You might want to send him a PM in case he doesn’t check recent posts this week.  Click on his name and on the next page, on “Private Message”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools