Topic

Hiking pants for Spring – early Fall

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hiking pants for Spring – early Fall

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

For about 5 years I’ve been using Kuhl Renegade (not the convertible) as my hiking pant of choice.  They’ve worked out well, no complaints. I’m looking at trying another pant just to see what else is out there. Where I hike it is almost always wet, I’m under the canopy of trees (so wind is not a factor), it is thickly wooded like a boreal forest.

I’ve looked at two pants on the internet. The Prana Zion and First Lite Corrugate Guide pants. The Zion seems to have universal appeal and is probably akin to the Kuhl Renegade. The Corrugate Guide has a 4-way stretch and gets good reviews from the hunting crowd.

Any thoughts about these two and how they would compare and contrast?

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

I clicked too soon when writing the above post.

The Corrugate Guide pant is weighs more at 17oz.. That can be an advantage or disadvantage. In my case, with the densely-wooded forest with blown down it is probably an advantage.

https://www.firstlite.com/corrugate-guide-pant.html?color=98

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools