Topic

Hiking in Sweden.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

Locale: East Anglia

How things are in Sweden now.

YouTube video

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Thanks for the video. Interesting. The trees looked like 3rd growth woods and I expected to see bigger trees I Sweden. Maybe Norway has them, being more mountainous and less suitable for logging.

I have a Trail Designs Sidewinder ti Caldera Cone (the original company) that I use with ESBIT and, with the optional Inferno insert, wood. Very efficient setup. The dedicated Open Country 3 cup capacity aluminum pot is perfect for solo cooking.

I have a Tarptent Moment DW but am thinking of getting a Dyneema material tent in a year or so. Your gear looks light and well chosen.

Gunnar H
    BPL Member

@qy

This very sothern part of Sweden don´t have any real boreal forests. But much of our forests all over the country are in a sorry state due to the strong and powerful logging industry. However there are still places to go.The trees are generally quite a bit smaller than on the American/Canadian west coast, but forests here not damaged by logging are still wonderful, wonderful places.

I don´t know if it is much better in Norway, that would be due to politics rather than topology,

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Gunnar,

As you know from experience, it is a constant battle to protect forests from loggers. American and Canadian environmentalists have not had a good track record with this.

Then there is the great increase in wildfires due to Global Warming, not to mention increasing pest infestations of trees for the same reason, warmer winters.

Worse yet America has climate change denier Trump as our president. That $OB needs to be impeached ASAP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools