Topic

Help with comparing budget down jackets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Help with comparing budget down jackets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eliot
    Spectator

@ejdiamond

I’ve done quite a bit of searching on BPL and r/ultralight for recent/relevant comparisons of several models of down jackets, so this is an attempt to crowdsource those comparisons.

I recently picked up the Ghost Wisperer for a great price, but I hate the color (underestimated the purple of the Dark Tannin), so I was going to swap it out for a different color. But before I do:

What I’m really interested in is the comparison of the GW to the Montbell Superior Down Jacket. Had anyone used both?  The fill weights seem petty similar, so I’m guessing there isn’t too much difference.

I want a jacket that can hold up in terms of warmth during shoulder seasons in the PNW and winter nights in camp. Are either of these sufficient? I’m ok with a few more ounces if it means buying one jacket that can serve a variety of needs. Where should I look? Arcteryx is out of the question :)
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Adam Salinger
    BPL Member

@asalinger

Eliot
    Spectator

@ejdiamond

Adam, that’s awesome. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools