Topic

Gearswap Search Help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Gearswap Search Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert Jones
    BPL Member

@rjones07

Locale: San Diego

Not an item to buy or selll.

Is there a method to search this site other than scroolling?

Thanks for any help.

Mike B
    BPL Member

@highwarlok

Locale: Colorado

On mobile there is a search box, click on the 3 bars towards the top left of the header

Chris Malnowski
    BPL Member

@cmalinowski

Is the question about searching particular sub-forums (like gear swap) versus searching the entire site?  I can see that being a need.  I wanted to see if anyone was selling a vargo bot 700.  I could search the entire site (which has its benefits), but would like to just search gear swap.

Chris

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Not perfect, but if I was searching for a Vargo Bot in gear swap, I’d not use the BPL search (which is way too basic for a site search in this day and age), I’d instead type the following in the URL bar: vargo bot gear swap site:backpackinglight.com

Chris Malnowski
    BPL Member

@cmalinowski

Agreed.  I think that’s what the OP was wondering.  Is there a decent way to search this site, or is it just easier to use google search with the “site:” operator.

Philip B
    BPL Member

@dabeachman

along with that, is there a way to sort by post date?  They do not appear in date order, which is frustrating.  I cna’t tell if something was posted yesterday or in 2016 without clicking on every one.  I even added 2020 to the search and it was zero help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools