Topic

Heard of Art Brody’s unsupported FKT of AZT (800 miles)?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Heard of Art Brody’s unsupported FKT of AZT (800 miles)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

Recently I heard of this hike on a reddit forum.

He did it in 28 days while carrying all the food he needed for this 800 mile unsupported hike. If you work out the average – it comes to 28 miles a day! Which I think is amazing and unreal and crazy! Looks like an older hiker carrying close to 87 lbs in an Osprey Xenith 105 backpack! I still cannot believe it!

You can check out his daily log, pictures and videos here:

https://fastestknowntime.com/fkt/art-brody-arizona-trail-az-2021-11-03

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

This probably deserves the “FKT of the Year” – but there are very few who can appreciate what goes into a trek like this.

I think this particular record (unsupported FKT of the AZT) is ripe for more aggressive record attempts. Art finished with 30 pounds, slept well, brought some luxuries, and ended up picking a cherry. Where are you Jeff Garmire?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools