Topic

Heads up, new Yosemite film project by Chris

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Heads up, new Yosemite film project by Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Hey all, just a heads up I just finished the trailer for my new film project:  “Snowshoeing Yosemite Point (According To Chris)

YouTube video

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

Looking forward to it!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

What kind of camera?

What kind of snowshoes? (I prefer MSR Lightning Ascent.)

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Hey there!

I used a sony rx100 m4, and a GoPro hero 4 black.  Same stuff I used for the JMT film. Though I’m actively looking to change or supplement my gear for improved stability.  Shakey footage is a killer in post!!

For snowshoes, I used the NorthernLites elites.  They were the lightest I could find at the time.  I’m open to suggestions if there’s a lighter option with similar or better flotation.  I actually sank in 3-4 ft at times!  Super fluffy snow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools