Topic

Hayduke Trail Section #1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Hayduke Trail Section #1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elisa Umpierre
    BPL Member

@eliump

Locale: Midwest

Hello. Me and my wife are in the planning process of finding a 5-8 day backpacking trip, mostly over the second week of March. Section #1 of the Hayduke Trail sounds amazing!!! This said, neither of us are great with route finding. (I do have both the Garmin InReach Plus and Mini, but I really should take Adam’s class to learn how to use them better) For those of you who have done this section over the last handful of years, would you please describe the trail/route for me? We are experienced backpackers, but not so much in desert environments. We have all kinds of great tents (Triplex, Cirriform, MSR Hubba Hubba NX, etc.) but not any true freestanding tents. Will this be a problem over this section? Thanks in advance for any and all of your replies. I REALLY appreciate it!

Eli

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Here is Andrew Skurka’s Hayduke Trail Hiking Resources Bundle if that might help?

HERE is his trip report with gear list ect.

Elisa Umpierre
    BPL Member

@eliump

Locale: Midwest

Thanks Link!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools