Topic

Hawbuck Lean DCF Wallets – Summer Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Hawbuck Lean DCF Wallets – Summer Sale

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wes Cox
    BPL Member

@hawbuck

Locale: Illinois

Hawbuck Lean DCF Wallets – Summer Sale  

I haven’t run a sale since Black Friday of last year—overdue—so Backpacking Light members, take 15% off any order with code “BPLSUMMER” until the solstice, June 21st

I couldn’t find the wallet I wanted, so a year and a half ago I started making them. I believe I make the best ultralight wallet out there, and strive to keep it that way. They weigh 5 grams. I sew them in batches of a dozen or so at a time.

$30 USD, Shipped Free Worldwide

Thank you,

Wes Cox

Hawbuck.Camp

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Free bump for my favorite wallet. I have almost a year on mine and it’s doing great. It would be hard for me to exaggerate how much I like this wallet.

Wes Cox
    BPL Member

@hawbuck

Thank you Matthew! So glad to hear.

David Wiese
    BPL Member

@dtothewiese

Still using my Hawbuck from last year as well.

The only noticeable wear are some sort of fibrous threads along the perimeter. Perhaps it’s the dyneema? I’m not sure.

I could always just trim them off with scissors but so far haven’t bothered.

Stitching and everything else is holding up well.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

David, I had some fibers a few months ago. I ran the edges of the wallet over a lighter quickly and they have not reappeared. :)

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I too continue to use mine as my daily wallet. Holding up great with same very minor loose dyneema thread issues as David and Matthew.  Highly recommended.

Wes Cox
    BPL Member

@hawbuck

Matthew, I did the same thing with those fine Dyneema fibers that eventually appeared along the far edges.

I’ve considered doing a tutorial, but held off, it seemed risky to promote taking flame to Dyneema. You’re right, it works great— just have to keep some distance and keep it moving. I’ve found that a soldering iron is a good option, a bit more controlled.

Great to hear the good reports! Thank y’all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools