Topic

Have an Osprey Eja or Zpacks Arc Haul, Blast, or Scout? Got a question for you..

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Have an Osprey Eja or Zpacks Arc Haul, Blast, or Scout? Got a question for you..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

I’m trying to narrow down options rather than order 17 different backpacks to try on. I’m very petite and have a hard time finding packs that fit comfortably on my narrow shoulders and let my arms swing freely. If you’ve got one of these packs in a small torso size (if it comes in small), could you please comment with a couple measurements? I’m looking for the distance between the straps as well as the width of the strap itself (see picture).

I’ve tried the Granite Gear Crowne 2, which may work, but it’s not great. I’ve tried the Gossamer Mariposa and it wasn’t even close to working. I’ve already got data on ULA Ohm and Hyperlite. If you’ve got other suggestions for a sub-2.5lb, 50+L capacity pack, I’m open to ideas.

Thank you!

Liz Black
    Spectator

@backpacking4ever

https://zpacks.com/products/arc-scout-backpack-dcf-fabric

16 inch torso – very customizable

Adrian Griffin
    BPL Member

@desolationman

Locale: Sacramento

Lisa, I have an Arc Blast Medium. Distance between inner edge of straps near to where its attached to package is 3 1/2″.  At this point, the straps are 3 1/4″ wide and narrow to 2 7/8″ at the pint where your measurement is. Distance between center line of attachments of straps to bag is 5 7/8″. This distance is not adjustable.

Don’t know if the Arc Scout is made for a narrower shoulder.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools