Topic

Hat for sun and sweat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hat for sun and sweat

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Worth Donaldson
    BPL Member

@worth

I purchased a Sunday Afternoon’s Adventure hat in 1986 for sun protection on the lakes and rivers when I paddle. It is an ugly outdoor hat and I have tried replacing it several times over the years but always come back to using it because it does the job of keeping the glare our of my eyes and protecting my head and neck from becoming sunburned. It floats, it scoops up water and the tail allows the water to run down my back to cool me down, it dries quickly, it feels comfortable beneath a hood and also keeps the rain off my eyeglasses in the rain, I constantly forget which pant pocket I put it in because I can not feel it’s bulk, it hold’s the compound bends I place in the brim to shade by eyes just right and can withstand a moderate breeze, I can loosen it and wear a stocking cap beneath it for warmth, etc., etc. After 34 years of use the nylon sun rotted enough that I tore and separated the front brim from the body two days into 14 day river trip our West. I reinforced the torn edges with duct tape and reattached the brim with dental floss. That Sunday Afternoon’s hat is now retired and has been replace with another ugly Sunday Afternoon’s hat. By the way, I routinely wear a bandana wrapped around my forehead beneath it to keep the sweat off my glasses.

Sunday Afternoon's Adventure Hat

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!