Topic

Hammock, tarp, ground cloth

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Hammock, tarp, ground cloth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

Yeah, wouldn’t it be great if you could just use one piece of fabric as a one-person hammock, a mealtime tarp for rain, and a ground protection under the tent? They’re all just a quadrilateral bit of nylon. And I would never need all three at the same time. Just a wild hare, since it’s Easter weekend.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Don’t forget poncho :)

Sloan
    Spectator

@gingersnap

Hammock needs to be breathable though if you’re going to spend any amount of time in it.

Dustin V
    BPL Member

@dustinv

A few years ago, I saw that Grand Trunk had a tarp/hammock/ground cloth combo. I looked into it at the time, but it was heavy, bulky and I read that the fabric was not stretchy enough as a hammock.

The fact that it wasn’t breathable was a little interesting to me because any amount of wind cuts right through most hammocks, but then any sweat would build up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools