Topic

Haglofs Pile Hooded Jacket?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Haglofs Pile Hooded Jacket?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Does any company that is easy to get in the USA make something like the Haglofs Pile Hooded Jacket? https://www.haglofs.com/fi/en-fi/pile-hood-men/p/602771-3TJ.html

Nick B
    BPL Member

@bur

Locale: Kalifornia

You can buy all the Buffalo Systems products on Ebay. They ship from the UK but it’s not a big deal. I bought a Special 6 shirt and hood though ebay a while back. Great piece of kit, albeit a bit heavy.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Just need the pile, not the shell.

Nick B
    BPL Member

@bur

Locale: Kalifornia

Ahh, missed that.  I’ll take another stab at it then.

I believe Polartec Thermal Pro High Loft is similar to the pile lining of my Special 6. I have a Melanzana hoody made of the stuff and it looks similar. The pile is a bit more wiry and the Thermal Pro is a bit more furry.  I would guess that they are very similar functionally. That’s why I purchased the Melanzana, to have a more versatile pertex and pile system.

The Haglofs uses 380 g/m2, which is something like 11.2 oz/yd2, and  the Melanzana uses a 7 oz/yd2 fabric.

If you Google “polartec high loft jacket” there are a fair number of options from the usual manufacturers.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

The Melanzana like most of them is not a full zip.  That is the issue, finding a full zip and hooded version.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

The only other thigns I have found close are the millet Roc High Loft and the Triple Aught Designs Shag Master Hoody

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

You can get an X-Large Haglofs Pile Hooded Fleece Jacket – Men’s on Amazon for $97.47 but if I am remembering correctly you are a XX-Large? There are a number of places to get smaller than XX-Large on Sale in the US but not that size or larger.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Yeah and Haglofs won’t have the larger size in until sometime late September/early October.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Are you in a hurry?

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Not necessarily but some money and a window of time tied to it has opened up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools