Topic

Great Price on a 2.4-liter Heat-Exchange Pot. $26.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Great Price on a 2.4-liter Heat-Exchange Pot. $26.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I was answering someone’s questions about canister-stove use at 15,000 feet in Peru and jumped on eBay to grab a photo and confirm the price of my preferred, 1.5-liter HX pot by Bulin.  Yup, still $25.

But for $26, a number of vendors offer a 2.4 liter pot.  Not as big nor as light/liter as some others I have, but I’ve long wanted a HX pot for the kitchen and have been known to grab my BPing HX pot when I needed to bring many gallons of water to a boil.

What I like about this configuration is that the fins are protected inside a continuous lip – the pot rests on a (large, home burner) entirely on that rim, not on the HX fins as some of my other BPing HX pots.

Search on “Bulin S2500 2.4L” and it pops right up.

There are lots of times I’m trying to get the water boiling for pasta and will even put 2 or 3 regular pots over multiple burners so it happens faster.  This would simplify that (and use less fuel*).

*Hmmm . . . . use less fuel.  I might buy 6 of them as stocking stuffers for friends here in Alaska.  We have cheap natural gas at our house, but lots of a people cook on more expensive propane (which tends to be lower BTU/burner) or white gas or expensive AND bothersome 20-pound propane cylinders.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Great price…..thanks for the reminder David :-)

Lots of good info on the Exchanger pots in this thread:

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/pots-with-heat-exchangers/

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Just in case John is watching in Australia, here is a 2.9L HX pot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMUS-EtaPower-POT-2-9L/153057545952?hash=item23a2f0cee0:g:zRsAAOSwiHZbHcFB

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Thanks for the link David. I just got one for our car camping/earthquake kit.

Does anyone have a link to a decent remote canister stove (preheat tube not required) for the car camping kit?

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Casey, Flat Cat gear sells the Kovea Spyder remote feed stove:

https://www.flatcatgear.com/shop/kovea-spider-remote-canister-stove-canister-can-be-inverted/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools