Topic

Gossamer Gear The One update?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gossamer Gear The One update?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronufl

Has anyone tried out the new iteration of the One? I’m considering taking the plunge and purchasing one for a 2017 thru hike. Looks like it has a good amount of space and a fairly simple pitch, but I’m unsure of the durability of the lightweight fabric – I’m assuming it would be somewhere between the typical silnylon and CF? What think you all?

I’m intrigued.

lee kingry
    BPL Member

@leek2

Locale: Alabama and GSMNP North Carolina

Aaron I have half of the AT and October thru hike on the JMT and probably another hundred plus nights in the original One and it’s still going strong I see nothing but improvements and small little changes with the new One it’s actually on my shopping list as a backup if I ever do wear out the original

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronufl

Picture of the One being used in the Wild Rogue Wilderness. Held up well to a couple of days of rain and wind.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Wow…. 7D and 10D. It looks a lot like a tarp tent notch (I own one and love it) but six ounces lighter.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

I would factor in a groundsheet into any weight calculations you do.

Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

Eric,

I’d say more like a 1p SMD Haven with a Duplex netting and floor. :-) It’s a good looking shelter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools