Topic

Golite Jam50 Back pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Travis D
    Spectator

@goldbender

Hi Everyone!

I just joined up.  If I remember, didn’t this site used to be free??  Maybe another site…. no worries

Well, I have a Jam50 that had been left in the storage building for a couple years and the back hard foam pad is totally distorted.  I’m trying to figure out what the material is, so I can cut another one or find an OEM replacement.  Yes, I know they’ve gone OB, but that’s why I’m here.  Is anyone using some other materials for this purpose?  Were they pre-formed to a certain shape? I’m planning on stiffening it up a little by laminating carbon fiber on to the edges.  If some other material can be used and formed to be comfortable, please let me know.  Also, If I’m not explaining myself properly, please ask questions so  I can be more specific on what I’m trying to do.

Thanks in advance!

Travis Duggan

Albuquerque, NM

Travis D
    Spectator

@goldbender

WOOPS!!  (Rookie move….)

IT’S A JAM35, not a JAM50

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Golite was reborn as My Trail

If you cannot figure out how to re-pair the foam, you can replace the jam35 for $101

https://mytrailco.com/collections/packs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools