Topic

Gold Bond powder strength

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Gold Bond powder strength

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

Lots of people at BPL rave about Gold Bond powder, so I figure I’ll give it a try.  But it comes in multiple strengths of the only claimed active ingredient, Menthol:  Original is 0.15%, Extra Strength is 0.8%, and their foot powder is 1%.

What strength do you use?  It’s a little expensive so I don’t want to buy more than one.  I’m tempted to go with the extra strength, but I’m worried it might be too strong, and I (or my wife) might have a skin reaction.  I have no experience with Menthol.

I probably won’t go with the 1% foot powder, as it is only recommended for feet, and I understand skin on your feet is a bit tougher than in other places.  I get chafing in my nether parts and thereabouts.  But the extra strength version is almost as strong.

Advice would be appreciated…

Nick B
    BPL Member

@bur

Locale: Kalifornia

I’m pretty sure anything besides the yellow bottle will make you do the funky chicken dance if applied to your nethers…

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

I use Mexsana. Slightly different cornstarch formulation. Mitigates body odour in pits, nether areas and feet, but with without menthol or talc.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I’ve got some of the original Body Glide lotion, which helps prevent chafing. It does contain triclosan, which worries some people. Happy to send you a tube if you want it, I’ve had it for quite awhile (they stopped making this formulation a few years ago).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools