Topic

Glacier Nat'l Park Permit Available (26-29 Aug 2017)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Glacier Nat'l Park Permit Available (26-29 Aug 2017)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kent W
    BPL Member

@goatlegs1987

Hi everyone,

Hoping to make someone’s day here. :lol: I have an extra backcountry permit reservation available for the North Circle route shown below. I cannot use it, so I’ll transfer it to the first taker. I called the backcountry office and confirmed that all I have to do is let them know who I am transferring the reservation to. You can change the trip leader, etc., when you show up to get your permit.  (I already posted this once, but re-posting under the Scouting forum because this would be a cool trip for older scouts).

Note that I would like to recoup my $40 permit application fee; we can work that out via paypal I suppose. Also note that the permit is for a group of 8; if you have a smaller group you can make adjustments with the backcountry office to free up the extra spots.

So, if you want the permit and are willing to refund me my $40 application fee, send me a private message.

Happy Hiking!
    Goat

CAMPERS; 8
    SITES; 2

ENTER – ICEBERG/PTARMIGAN (TRAILHEAD)

8-26-2017 – ELF – ELIZ LK, FT
    Fires; NO
    Segment; Length 10.10
    Elevation; Up 2480 | Down 2518

8-27-2017 – MOJ – MOKOWANIS JCT
    Fires; NO
    Segment; Length 8.70
    Elevation; Up 298 | Down 290

8-28-2017 – FIF – FIFTY MOUNTAIN
    Fires; NO
    Segment; Length 13.90
    Elevation; Up 5210 | Down 2725

8-29-2017 – GRN – GRANITE
    Fires; NO
    Segment; Length 11.90
    Elevation; Up 1780 | Down 1910

EXIT – SWIFTCURRENT PARKING LOT (TRAILHEAD)
    Segment; Length 7.60
    Elevation; Up 735 | Down 2255

George Ramsdell
    BPL Member

@ghramsdell

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Is this still available?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools