Topic

Ghee

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

As a keto eater, I’m always looking for ways to add fat to my food. Ghee is a wonderful way to do that. I like 15ml ghee packets for backpacking, and have usually purchased Tin Star ghee packets. They don’t seem to be available any more. So I decided to try some spiced ghee from some companies on amazon.

I bought an Ethiopian spiced ghee and tried it yesterday on some riced broccoli. Wow, fabulous stuff. Really tasty, and has the fat I’m looking for. I also bought an Indian spiced ghee but haven’t tried it yet. Will do that tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Wow that sounds amazing. Ethiopian and Indian are probably my two favorite types of food although i eat milder food when Iā€™m backpacking.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

And by milder I mean a bear can full of crushed Fritos and Pringles.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

:-)

While the one I tried was spiced, I wouldn’t call it spicy, just delicious.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Tried the other ghee packet with a tumeric spice blend tonight. Mixed it with some cut up chicken and riced cauliflower. Oh man, so tasty. I’ll certainly be buying these two ghees for backpacking.

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

@matthew k

I read that as “..a bean can full of crushed Fritos and Pringles”. And my initial thought was, hmm..maybe good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools