Topic

Garmin Inreach Mini now available at MEC

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Garmin Inreach Mini now available at MEC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Locale: Labrador

For those interested, as the title says.

Ordered mine yesterday to replace my Inreach original (the black brick) and my Garmin Foretrex 401, which also allows me to move from batteries to a power block.  This new device hits the sweetest of spots for me.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5060-919/inReach-Mini

Derrick

Larry Swearingen
    BPL Member

@larry_swearingen

Locale: NE Indiana

That’s a Canadian website and I assume Canadian $450.

The Garmin web page shows it retailing at US$350.

Larry

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Still only available for pre-order at REI.  I’ll probably get mine from REI because I’ll get the dividend of $35 next year.  Hopefully soon – I have a trip coming up in two weeks and I’d really like to have it by then.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

$450 canadian is a touch less than $350 american

Michael Hill
    BPL Member

@mh

I pre-ordered one from REI on May 3 and it was delivered two days ago (May 24).

My scale says 3.55 oz (as shown in the pictures below without the Garmin-supplied carabiner) and 3.65 oz with a Zpacks mini-carabiner.

Old SE and new Mini:

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Argh – I should have pre-ordered one.  Now their website says “Coming Soon to REI – Check Back Soon”.  I probably could have had it delivered already!  Enjoy it!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I assume that means that REI sold out of its pre-order allotment. It seems Amazon might have as well. The Garmin site is now estimating availability at 3-5 weeks, which is what it was about a month ago. So if you didn’t pre-order, I would imagine that you’ll be waiting 3-4 weeks before you can get one.

MEC continues to have stock though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools