Topic

FYI – excellent down parka on sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) FYI – excellent down parka on sale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Just got an Eddie Bauer PEAK XV belay parka on sale. This is almost the same s teh Patagonia Fitz Roy parka and I recommend you take a look at it if your are in the market for the warmest parka, as in -40 F./C/ warm.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Sale on their site?

lee kingry
    BPL Member

@leek2

Locale: Alabama and GSMNP North Carolina

Thanks for the heads up, I got one of their Alpine parkas 60% off.

Lee

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

The Peak XV is a great parka. I use mine a lot each winter, from backpacking trips to going to work.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Thanks for the link David. And on that link is also my review of the PEAK XV (BTW, that’s the original name of Everest in the British geological survey of India.)

I bought a coyote fur ruff and I’ll put it on using Velcro so I can take it off when skiing.

The BPL State of the Market Report on lightweight down parkas convinced me to get this. I was not really warm last year skiing at Mammoth on really nasty days. And at my own area above 8,500 ft. it can get quite cold early and late in the day.

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

Several other of their Ascent line of jackets are also on sale.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Jim,

I’ve had an EB First Ascent “down Sweater” for about 5 years and the 1st Ascent down vest for 3 years and use them a lot. Got them on sale as well. Good quality and that’s why I bought the PEAK XV parka. It’s been a cozy parka at camp at 9,000 ft.

Eric B.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

Eric, I just wanted to post a thanks for this thread- I bought a Peak XV jacket based on this thread and it is one amazing puffy. A “big puffy” was the one piece of gear missing in my wardrobe (I’ve been layering multiple puffies one over the other for a while) so this is nice. It might not see a lot of use (probably won’t) but when I need it it’s going to be very nice to have. Thanks again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools