Topic

Freeze dried Garden Salsa

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Freeze dried Garden Salsa

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben W
    BPL Member

@binfordw

I’ve been making a good deal of salsa here lately, and have freeze dried several gallons of it at this point.  I rehydrated a small bit of it while bagging up the latch batch and gave it a try.  I rehydrated in cold water, and let it sit in the fridge for a bit.

Really happy with the taste!  It seemed to have a stronger flavor than fresh, likely due to not adding back as much water I suppose, which made it even better I think.

I need to bag up some breakfast meals for a coming trip, I might try adding some of this in with my sausage and eggs.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Yum. My spouse makes great salsa. I’d love to be freeze drying it for future trips.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

That looks like some good stuff, right there. 👍

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools