Topic

Frameless pack w/foam back panel discussion

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Frameless pack w/foam back panel discussion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hall
    BPL Member

@lundquistas

Hello! I realize this wouldn’t be the most expensive experiment to just try but though I’d hear some people’s thoughts before starting. Getting a frameless pack built (35L) and trying to dial all the details in before order. Really like having a foam pad on the back panel for comfort and support when hiking.

First, I’ve used GG packs in the past and their stretch webbing slots obviously do a great job securing the foam to the pack of the pack. Wondering how it compares to say the shock cord Zpacks methods? Zpacks methods seems like it will be lighter and would also be easy to take the foam pad on and off when wanting to use it for a sit pad.

Second, any thoughts on what to use? Been using the Air Flow lately and like it but its heavy to the point that it almost defeats the purpose. Looking to compare the following ones:

Gossamer Gear Sitlight

Gossamer Gear Air Flow Sitlight

Panels from a Thermarest Z-lite

Folded up 1/8″ thinlight pad

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools