Topic

FOSTER POTS Limited Quantities

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals FOSTER POTS Limited Quantities

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I have 9 of these pots left over from an order made for Gossamer Gear.

Cost is $20.00 each FREE shipping for BPL  viewers. This sale is only listed here at BPL.

I have only 9 pots.

Once I have 9 people sign up in this thread I will create a sale page on my store site. This offer will be for 2 weeks only

Pot with aluminum lid and plastic lid weighs in at 29 grams.

It’s the same pot as seen at Gossamer’s site:

https://www.gossamergear.com/collections/cooking/products/gvp-ultralight-stove-system

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I’ve got one of Dan’s Foster pots – great for going SUL, but I use it almost as often when evangelizing about UL backpacking.  Even to someone who has fondled titanium cookware at REI, it’s bizarrely light for it’s volume yet reasonable stiff.

I also love the dumpster-diving ethos of it.

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

I’ll buy one.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

I have a couple of these pots as well. Like David says, they are amazing. I’ve also pulled it out to Evangelize to other hikers! Awesome when you have a ~20L pack with gear and food for a couple of days, and they at first think you are out for a short day hike and aren’t as hardcore as them with their big packs ;-)

Brett Cooper
    Spectator

@bcoop

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I will take one.

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

Locale: Indianapolis

I’ll take one.

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

I’m in.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Thank you everyone for comments and wanting to own a piece of history. Lots of folks out there have used my idea of adding ridges to pots Trail Designs, Minibull and others. When the Heineken Keg became obsolete, something had to take it’s place and so enter the ridged Foster cans.

I created a sale page on my site that only BPL viewers can see and order from.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/Ridgelined-Foster-Pots.php

dreamer
    BPL Member

@ejcfree

Placing my order now.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

I’m in.  Least I could do!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

3 remaining

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

Locale: East Anglia

Are those cans lined with BPA?

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

A little bit of remaining beer/ale and a little “good times were had” :dblthumb:

All 7 orders are in the post office and will start their way all across the USA

The blokes in the UK will have to make their own :dblthumb:

Normin, do you wear a hat/derby ?

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

ONLY ONE FOSTER POT LEFT

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PURCHASED. 

Graham F
    BPL Member

@02174424

Locale: Victoria-Southeast Australia

Not Foster, it’s Fosters. Even if the S has been removed.

If you are going to sell some history…….Check out the brothers this beer this was named after.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foster%27s_Group

You Americans may be surprised at the connection……mentioned in the first paragraph under “History”.

I remember these as stainless steel tins about 500 mls.  We used to stand on the empties as kids in the 1970s to see at the footy in Footscray (in Melbourne) better.

Hope you sell that last one.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Ok…..History:
    It was founded in Melbourne in 1888 by two American brothers William and Ralph Foster of New York, who happened to own a refrigeration plant. Cooling was necessary to brew and store acceptable lagers in Australia’s hot climate, unlike the English-style dark ales commonly brewed at the time.

After I put the ridges on them it became known as the Foster Pot  Named after William and Ralph.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

More history, 1st batch produced back in 2011:

YouTube video

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

I will take the last one!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Thank you JP. I’ll ship it out today :-)

We used to stand on the empties as kids in the 1970s to see at the footy in Footscray (in Melbourne) better.

I had to google “footy in Footscray” and found this:

YouTube video

Graham F
    BPL Member

@02174424

Locale: Victoria-Southeast Australia

YouTube video

Here is some footy action, only highlights unfortunately. Western Bulldogs (originally Footscray) won the equivalent of the Super Bowl, there are around 100,000 people at the Grand Final and 100,000 at each of the finals games leading up to it.

An entire game if you are willing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wuY-K8i0hs

shows the contrast between two football codes well. NFL stop (more stop than start I say) start,

AFL just rolls on and on.

It was the year the bulldogs won the competition.  Fosters was made about 5 kms from there.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

AFL just rolls on and on.

That was fun to watch…….thanks!

A few years ago, on another forum, an Aussie said the taste of Foster’s is not liked in Au. Maybe that’s why the company moved to the USA….what say ye to that?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools