Topic

FORUMS access

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

PLEASE put “FORUMS” in the top toolbar! (You know, where we can easily access it.)

Marcus
    BPL Member

@mcimes

Agreed. To access “Recent Topics” takes 2 more clicks than the old website. Forums are now burred 2-3 clicks deep when they were on the main page.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Not sure I understand what y’all are saying. When I log in, it takes me to my ‘dashboard’. There’s a link on that page for recent forum topics. One click. This is true whether I sign in on my Mac or my iPhone. Additionally, under ‘Community’ in the top menu bar (which is on all pages) you can also find both recent forum topics and the forum index. Hover your mouse cursor over Community and it automatically drops down so you can choose recent forum topics or the forum index with one click. Both are also available in the side menu (or bottom menu on my iPhone) on pretty much every page. But wait, there’s more! ‘Forums’ is also available in the breadcrumb menu just under the main menu at the top. From pretty much anywhere you can simply click “Forums” at the beginning of the breadcrumb menu to go directly to the forum index. It seems pretty easy to me to access, and doesn’t take multiple clicks to do so after you’ve signed in.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

HYOH but I tend to bookmark frequently accessed links and keep them in my bookmarks bar. On my computer, Recent Posts are the second bookmark in my bookmarks bar so I hit command 2 (Mac) or control 2 (Windows) and boom I’m at recent posts.

Ryan has spoken about this elsewhere but I’ll repeat it here: the majority of BPL members don’t go to the forums. Yes, that surprises me as well. Anyways that’s part of why the site is set up like it is. I don’t think that means BPL won’t put the link you are requesting in a more prominent location but I wanted to share 1) a solution and 2) insight into why things are set up like they are. I’ll leave further responses to Ryan.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Agree with Matt…Bookmarks!  My bookmark to BPL is directly to Recent Forum Topics.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

WAIT!

DORUMS is the heart of BPL. It is that part the members use the most. For that reason alone we should have FORUMS on the top toolbar.

“COMMUNITY” is just one more step to go through to get to THE most used part of BPL. It should not be that complicated for a part of BPL that is this important.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

“DORUMS (sic) is the heart of BPL. It is that part the members use the most.”

You must not be using all of the forums then, or even reading the posts in your own thread. As Ryan has said elsewhere recently, and as Matt says above, the majority of BPL members don’t visit the forums. So it is not the part that members use most, according to Ryan. Not even close.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools