Topic

Forget minimalist shoes!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Forget minimalist shoes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I just had to share these shoes I saw the other day. Perhaps somebody decided the minimalist footwear and barefoot movement was winding down? Not sure what they weigh, but there’s no way I’d wear these things except maybe to a costume party. Anybody have any thoughts? Is the future of footwear here? I think I will continue to go barefoot…

I pixelated the brand name. Didn’t want to get in trouble.

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

Oops…didn’t get all the brand names covered. Oh well. I thought it was good for a laugh, but who knows? Maybe the next FKT thru-hiker will be wearing these babies!

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

I can’t wait to see what happens when you get a stick or a stone in the mechanism at full stride.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Not quite sure these are even legal at sanctioned races…like the grasshopper springs aren’t.

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I see no reason to protect the company from its own marketing.

I love their description of the cushioning system: “both imperishable and enduring.”

Also, I’m guessing this is the world’s first shoe with a two-speed transmission? I wonder when they’ll come out with an automatic.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
    Specifically designed for you.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

Aren’t those the shoes that led Barefoot Ted to start on his path to minimalist shoes?

Geoff Caplan
    BPL Member

@geoffcaplan

Locale: Lake District, Cumbria

Yikes – have you seen the price?

Not sure if they’ll get many resales, because anyone using these on broken ground may not outlive the shoe. So I guess they’re trying to get your money up front.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

It’s amazing to me how often I see another brilliant idea for a product having me thinking ” why did I not think of that ?”

This has nothing to do with those shoes, I just thought of it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools