Topic

Florida Trail through Big Cypress

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Florida Trail through Big Cypress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

Locale: New England

Here is a video trip report from a quick (under 24 hour) trip on the Florida Trail through Big Cypress National Preserve last week.

https://youtu.be/bnPurJ2C12o

It was supposed to be a lollipop loop, unfortunately I missed the turn off so it ended up being an 18 mile out and back.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Nicely done. I’ve been thinking about heading south one of these winters to try something different. Thanks for the preview.

Ike

Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

Locale: New England

Thanks Ike! To get the full (aka wet) experience you need to go during the rainy season which runs from May to November. During the winter months this whole trail is high and dry – I am sure it is still beautiful but not nearly as unique. There are also significantly fewer people that time of year (I did not see a single other set of footprints, much less an actual human being) during this excursion.

Peter Treiber
    BPL Member

@peterbt

Locale: A^2

Nice use of video!  Your comfort level with bugs and gator habitat is… different than mine.  Excellent, unique report!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools