Topic

Fleece Pillow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fleece Pillow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adam Salinger
    BPL Member

@asalinger

Been trying to order this Fleece Pillow but it appears the company may have folded as I can’t make contact.  I’ve also looked at ZPack’s pillow but don’t like the way it’s not fleece all the way around as I sleep with an arm under the pillow also.

So..before I make my own…anyone seen one that fits the bill of:

About 12×15…2 oz or lighter…Full fleece with closure to stuff with jacket etc…

Thanks all!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That would be easy to sew yourself.

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Interesting that you posted this as I am just about to make a LW pillow

But my fleece pillow case came from the big box store on sale and whole not really LW it is light enough that I take it in winter. I am however making my own winter pillow

Adam Salinger
    BPL Member

@asalinger

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Let me know how light it ends up!!</p>

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I use supplex for pillow case.  A little lighter weight.  Still somewhat comfortable.

Garrett
    Spectator

@gtturner1988-2-2

I use a Nemo Fillo casing for the backcountry and the inflatable foam insert when car camping. The Nemo’s outer casing itself only weighs 1.72 oz. There is fleece on the back edges about 1.5-2” along the sides with a smooth nylon fabric in the center. I sleep with my arm under the pillow as well and find it just about perfect.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Just sew fleece on one the side of a medium stuff sack covering 1/2 of the sack. Save weight and make one item do the job of two.

I have never carried pillow, ever. Just could not see carrying the extra weight so I use my clothes stuff sack.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools