Topic

Fixing Showa Temres gloves with Freesole

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Fixing Showa Temres gloves with Freesole

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

The tip of the index finger on my Showa Temres gloves was nicked by a knife and started letting water in. I was about to throw them out and order a new pair (love these gloves!) But then I saw my wife’s rain boots which we repaired with Freesole, fixing a multi-inch gash. I pulled the Freesole out of the freezer, let it thaw, and squirted a tiny bit on the fingertip. Waterproof once again, no new purchases, and no trash!

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Fix footwear permanently at home or in the field with Aquaseal + SR. Formerly known as Freesole, this shoe repair adhesive is waterproof and dries as a clear, flexible glue that lasts for years.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

great tip

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Thanks Ken, I had forgotten that I bought a 2 pack for cheap when they changed the product name.

and thanks iago; you might even call it a finger tip.
    ;)

…sorry.

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

lol.

Is that stuff gonna peel off? What did you do to prep the area with the cut in it?

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Michael,

I repaired my wife’s boots a couple years ago using Freesole, and there’s been no peeling or cracking of the 2″x4″ patch. To make a big patch like that, you make a square of masking tape around the cut as a guide and then flood the area with the Freesole. For the small cut on the glove, no prep was necessary; just a dollop spread over the cut with a toothpick.

I learned about storing it in the freezer from Jerry here on the forums. Also good to put vaseline on the threads before putting the cap on so it doesn’t glue itself shut, but if it does, just flex the tube back and forth until you get a small hole at the edge of the crease, and apply the Freesole from there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools