Topic

First time with HammockGear Borrow/Incubator 20

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping First time with HammockGear Borrow/Incubator 20

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave N
    Spectator

@dnadig

I have to say, I was skeptical.  My previous hammock camping experiences (limited) were using a really nice (but older) 0 degree down sleeping bag, and various foam/reflectix pad combos.  After my last overnight where it got down to around 30, I froze all night on my backside and decided to bite the bullet.  I placed an order with HG for the titled Combo, pretty much stock (sewn footbox).

Last night I went out a few miles to a local AT shelter, and pitched.  It was a little damp, and went down to about 35 overnight.

The skepticism came from holding up the topquit to the ligght and seeing how little down seemed ot be in it.  Both quilts were certainly light, but I had a hard time imaginging they’d really keep me warm.

I ROASTED.  I was so comfortable all night long, I ended up oversleeping well past dawn. It took a little out-of-hammock adjusting to get the right hand side of the underquyilt to nestly in underneath the warbonet shelf (and I might look at making an attachment there), but it was honestly one of the best nights sleep I’ve had in years.

The build quality is incredible, and I have nothing bad to say so far.  Believe the hype.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I’m glad, but not surprised, that it worked for you.  I’ve found the UQ to be much more important than the top quilt in terms of keeping me warm at night.  You’ll never go back…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great to hear! It seems so often I read of 1st time users having big problems with the learning curve for quilts in hammocks ( though not for me so far ), great to see it work so superbly the 1st time!

Bill

Shawn Peyton
    BPL Member

@alifeoutdoors

Locale: Iron River, WI

Aye, changes your world doesn’t it?

Tried several different quilts/underquilts but I just keep coming back to Hammock Gear because of the build quality and the suspension system. Plus the cuban fiber winter palace o’ goodness. I’m pretty much a fanboy for life now and trying to put their kids through college ;)

fodder
    BPL Member

@ellen1-2

Locale: Northern Virginia

Great feedback.  I have one of these inbound.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Love my 20° Burrow/Phoenix!

I realized recently that I have two pieces of gear that I am 100% happy with and cannot imagine ever selling, trading, or giving away: 1) my Burrow and 2) my 550 Toaks/Zelph/Caldera cookset.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools