Topic

First Looks: REI Flash Air 1 Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable First Looks: REI Flash Air 1 Tent

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kimble F
    Spectator

@knf220gmail-com

I like the Flash Air 2 whe comparing it to the Tarptent.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Do we know the hydraulic head of the fabric? I’m suspect it’s not at TT/MLD levels.

David U
    Spectator

@the-family-guy

“I like the Flash Air 2 whe comparing it to the Tarptent.”

Which Tarptent?  Also, which Tarptent’s have you used and how long and in what conditions have you used your Flash Air 2?

Luke R
    Spectator

@luke-russell

Ryan, thanks for doing the initial look and answering questions. An unrelated question: what model of Arc’Teryx pants are you wearing in the video? Just curious, as I’ve had a hard time finding better fitting hiking pants, and they seem more fitted. Thanks!

tom c
    BPL Member

@teepee

this looks nearly identical in size & functionality to Dan Durston’s 1p “X-mid” tent, which is  financed & sold by Drop (Massdrop):  https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-1p

except Dan’s has more usable room due to the offset pole design, and is made from polyester (meaning it doesn’t stag noticeably overnight light nylon that gets damp, and it’s more UV resistant.  Dan’s is larger, weights a few more ounces.

No affiliation other than I purchased the DD xmid, and love it.

David U
    Spectator

@the-family-guy

Actually, it looks nothing like Dan’s creation.  Quite frankly, not even kind of.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I don’t see any similarity either, never mind the ‘nearly identical’ description.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Thanks Ryan. A good review that explains all the pros and cons of the tent. This tent offers unique solutions to several features backpackers want. And I like the subdued color. Good for stealth camping too.

Another well designed REI FLASH product. I’ve had two FLASH backpacks and liked both.

Now I own two REI FLASH insulated air mattresses (Insulated and All Season) and like them both. I shopped a lot for this type air mattress and feel I got quality mattresses that are light in comparison to similar ones on the market.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools