Topic

Finally!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Finally!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MojoRisen
    BPL Member

@mojorisen

Locale: I’m a pilot. Almost anywhere!

Finally was able to breakout and get some knee deep and overnighting in. What a year!High Uintas

Mike B
    BPL Member

@highwarlok

Locale: Colorado

Very nice!

MojoRisen
    BPL Member

@mojorisen

On the way out. Testing the gear.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

We need photos of the camp.

MojoRisen
    BPL Member

@mojorisen

Ya I know. The pics are from the day after. Getting in was snowy and I had decided to get a late start because I wanted to get there close to sunset. That worked out great but setting up camp, and my lack of winter travel I was more focused on setup and trying out some new equipment and new ideas from prior winter travels. I ended cooking in the tent due to the amount of snow falling and not wanting to load up the interior by going in and out, although as advertised the condensation did set in, and the fact that I was tired. The next morning I kicked myself for not getting pics before breakdown. I am planning another trip and will post some then, I also am going to setup and try my new tarptent to see how it performs for winter camping.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Which Tarptent? Or do you mean tarp tent?

MojoRisen
    BPL Member

@mojorisen

This Tarptent. Just got back from another over nighter. Building and dialing in my winter gear program. Ryan was right that the double rainbow is a palace. I also have that notch, which is great for summer when I can leave my gear out under vestibule. West end of the Uintas, Utah.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

“Beautious!” I envy you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools