Topic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Feedback: Montbell Peak Dry Shell jacket

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    avi sito
    BPL Member

@avisito

Following a chat with @Stephen, wanted to update about the jacket’s condition.

It’s still in excellent condition. However, due to COVID I did not travel last year and used it minimally here in my country without a pack. I did go for ten days this month to the Swiss Alps for the Via Alpina and used it sporadically there.   I had about eight hours of continuous rain during which I wore it under the pack, during two afternoons + evenings. It worked of course to perfection. I still consider it the best rain jacket I’ve ever owned.

It was rather cold during mid September, did not even notice internal condensation (this continues to amaze me). No chafing signs on the jacket.

I should mention though that i did not put the waist belt over it this time, and that I carry all the weight of the pack on my hips. So I guess this results in less stress on the jacket over time. Yes – I pamper it…

Wore it in camp every night and morning of course, and most of the early morning hikes as well ( first hour I guess~).

This is what I have so far.

hope this helps, avi

avi sito
    BPL Member

@avisito

Some more info on the Jacket (following a chat with Stephen) – it’s still in excellent condition.

Due to COVID I did not travel last year and used it minimally here in my country without a pack. I did go for ten days this month to the Swiss Alps for the Via Alpina and used it sporadically there.   I had about two half days of continuous rain during which I wore it under the pack. It worked of course to perfection. I still consider it the best rain jacket I’ve ever owned.

It was rather cold during mid September, did not even notice internal condensation – this still amazes me every time. No chafing signs on the jacket.

I should mention though that I did not put the waist belt over it this time, and that I carry all the weight of the pack on my hips. So I guess this results in less stress on the jacket over time. Yes – I pamper it. Wore it in camp every night and morning of course, and most of the early mornings when walking as well ( first hour I guess~).

That’s what I got so far.

hope this helps, avi

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools