Topic

Feathered Friends Tanager

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Feathered Friends Tanager

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

Anyone use a FF Tanager?
    I’m looking at the FF Tanager. I’m a shade under 5’5” and normally use a 5’6” WM or 5’7” Valandre bag with good success.
    Do you think the Tanager 68” would too long?
    FF said they can shorten it in 6” increments so could go 62” which should still come up mid-head – just don’t want it too short.
    Thanks

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

go with the 68″, you won’t be sorry

a hoodless bag (or quilt) when cinched down tight (think cold night) loses a lot of it’s length and you don’t want your feet completely jammed to the very end

the few extra inches might even let you pull your head in- very nice when it’s really cold!

I’ve seen several used Tanagers for sale and most were sold as they got one too short.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Not only that, but room at the foot end gives you a place to put your shoes to keep warm during the night and such.

drew doty
    BPL Member

@saltyotter

I had both lengths.  I’m 6 feet.  I kept the 74inch.  I agree that they lose a lot of length when cinched.  However, when I cinched up the 74inch it snugged right up around my neck.  The 68 was definitely too short for me.

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

Thanks for the guidance…..will error on the side of length and go with the 68”. Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools